Tuesday, September 07, 2004

No time like the present

I used to write in my journal every night... Since I married 16 years ago - and 4 kids later - I lost the umpf. I've recently started reading peoples' blogs, and thought, I can do this!
So here I go. Since making aliyah to Israel a year ago, I have been in charge of writing and sending out the family email updates. People enjoy reading about our family life here in the Holy Land. But the email list is exclusive, and a lot of work to get out. Hopefully this will be easier for me to keep up.
Who knows where this will go?
Let's start with a simple writing exercise. It's called stream of consciousness. READY?
Elysheva is playing nicely with her friend, I hope it will last awhile. I want some writing time. NED doesn't get home for another hour and a half from school. Malka isn't coming 'til late. I think she's going to visit her madricha at her dorm school. DB is in Yeshiva. I miss him. I hope he's OK. I can't figure out whether he really enjoys the learning or not. I have this deep horrible feeling that someday he is going to hate me for making him do something he really didn't want to do but didn't want to disappoint us. He has a hard time expressing himself, but I would hope he would tell us if he had to.
It's hot up here, I need to put a fan on! Can't wait for the weather to cool down. The heat is exhausting day after day. Ari called. He arrived in NY, but his luggage was delayed coming out. Makes him late for his meetings. I'm feeling more and more jealous of him every time he goes to the states. He gets mad and says I think he's taking a vacation. He said he hates going away. I believe he hates being away - but I would welcome the get a way. I'm gonna have to get away...Being interrupted for a drink from the little ones...I'm back. They wanted little chocolate milk bags. The kids love those here, and it's basically healthy.
OK, that's enough for now. I want to try to organize a shelf or two. Not my forte, organizing. Did I ever tell you I hired a professional organizer to help me learn how to get organized? I'll have to tell you about that sometime.
Happy day...
and Smile!

3 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

From one Sarah to another: Welcome to the wide, wonderful world of blogging! So great to have you here!

Let me know if you want me to post a link on my blog to yours.

That was a great stream of consciousness. Kind of wrapped it all up!

Love you always,
Your friend,
Chayyei Sarah

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Gilly said...

Hi and welcome - will look forward to checking out your thoughts!

Gilly

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SPAZ -
Organization: You are organized. 4 kids, Guests for every Holiday and or Shabbat, life in the HOLYLAND, laundry hanging out to dry and you still "BLOG" . You're great, if you get down, call me, we have much to giggle about and it will lift your spirits!! I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
SPAZ!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home