Sunday, October 26, 2008

Positive thoughts for DB this week

If anyone still checks by here to see if I have posted anything (more on that later)

Please keep positive thoughts in mind this week for my DB as he begins his gibush for Sayeret Matkal today.

gibush = try-outs for a specific unit in the army

Sayeret Matkal = An elite commando unit in the Israeli Army - A special forces section.

I will not be able to reach him for the week as he goes through what I can only imagine is akin to a fraternity hazing, until this Thursday.

If he makes it through the week and passes, he will go into this unit next August. If he does not make it into the unit, he will go into something the next step down.

That's about as much as I know and understand.

Needless to say I am a worried Momma who can't stop tearing everytime I think of my little boy being ripped to shreds by some mad testosterone filled army men!

We are very proud of him, but still...

Happy thoughts...

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

dont worry Sarah B, he'll be fine.

not only is Matkal one of the sayarot, i would say it's the highest. theyre the ones who saved everyone at entebbe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home