Wednesday, September 08, 2004

My stuck day

Ever have a stuck day?

I used to only have them when we had a television in the house. I would get stuck in front of the tube with the clicker in my hand and not move for hours. We didn't bring a television with us to Israel, so although the computer takes over that role sometimes, I don't have as many stuck days.

Today started out great. The big girls left on time, I took Ely to gan only a little late, I went to my water aerobics class and then had full intentions on driving into Jerusalem to do some shopping.

I never left the house. I didn't do much here either...couldn't. I was stuck. Don't really know what got me stuck. Maybe I need a job to give me something to really do everyday - But that's a whole other story! I tried to make my menus and shopping list for Rosh Hashana, but got stuck half way through. I tried writing a blog several times, but couldn't write anything that made sense. Kept getting stuck.
I spoke to a friend on the phone, that was good.
I did my nails...that made me feel better.
But I never really got dressed. It's been so long since I did that. The problem though is that I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't like I took a day off and just kicked back, recharged. I COULDN'T GET MYSELF GOING!
And then my wonderful cousin from Cleveland calls me and asks, "Are you happy?" I don't lie, but I also don't allow myself to feel when I've got a 4 year old in the tub and two teenage girls needing my help with other stuff. I hold it all together. I love him for checkin in! But I didn't know how to answer him at that minute! I was stuck.
Am I happy? What does that mean? I'm deeply thankful for my family and friends, health, love. What more do I need?

I had a stuck day.
Hopefully tomorrow won't be the same!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home