Monday, November 03, 2008

My boy

I wanna write about what it has been like to have had a son go through the experience he had last week.

When he left I certainly had no idea where he was going or what he was going to be doing. I've gotten used to that.

I worried about him. First I worried it would be hot and he would get dehydrated. Then as it started to rain and get colder, I got worried that he was running and sleeping in the rain and he hadn't brought a sweater or coat with him. I thought for sure he would come sick.

Since he has been home, I haven't been able to stop staring at him. He came home a differnt young man. Not just skinnier, but more sturdy. I can't get enough of his pleasant personality. I learned so much about my son from this experience. I always knew he was a tough cookie and could pretty much acclimate to any situation. But last week he seemed to REALLY do that.
He wanted to give up, but he kept going. He did what he was told and when he didn't he understaood and accepted the consequences.

Now we wait. He is home trying to heal his skinned elbows. I love having him around.
He received a call today from the army telling him to come in for a meeting this Wednesday. Not sure really why. Next week he has another meeting with the doctors and medical staff.

Right now he is laying on the coush watching a movie. Chillin' - enjoying his down time.

We all know that pretty soon things could very possibly start getting more hectic.
As in, I won't know where he is. When he's coming home. What he is doing?

Today I knew he was home with me. We went to the bank to open his first bank account - a free service from the government for soldiers. Shopped for "cool" sunglasses and had our first weekday family dinner together in months.

Time just keeps moving. I am trying to appreciate my moments with my boy. I am full of humble pride. I have been blessed, I do not take that for granted. And I don't want to give any ayin hara's poo poo poo!

Just thankful and waiting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home