Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Another parallel process.

That's psychobabble. It means two people are experiencing the same or similar emotion at the same time.

It happens to me with my clients all the time.

So, for example, when someone decides they come into a session and don't speak because they feel that what they have to say isn't important and why should I care anyhow?

Something about this sounds familiar. I realize that is my parallel process to blogging.

Why should you care? I hear people say that to me all the time. "I don't want to read all your personal thoughts!"

Now I know there are the few who do care; And do read and do want me to write. But there is that part of me, like my client, that feels: Why bother.

Except they say to me: You get paid to listen and act like you care.
I don't pay anyone to read or care.

So blogging is really about believing I have something to say that is worthwhile. That I have something to say that is meaningful or worthy of being written, said or read.

See, it's a parallel process.



2 Comments:

At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Caroline said...

I do care, and I do want to read all your personal thoughts!!!

 
At 12:34 AM, Anonymous ~ J said...

I use to blog and stopped because I felt the same thing. I also go back and forth with Facebook. Why bother, but I'm too outgoing and sociable to just stop, even if I feel or know that noone else is listening. So I keep writing, and allowing myself to swing back and forth with joy and sadness. What I like about reading your posts, is that I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. The truth is that there are probably many women that feel the same way as you and can totally relate to your blog posts. And I would also guess that those who know us or meet us would probably be surprise at our insecurities and lack of confidence. That's the hardest part of all because even if we know that to the world we come across confident and together, our innerself will jump in and continue to make us question it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home