Friday, September 10, 2004

Stuck - but only on the couch!

The reason I did not post anything yesterday was not because I had a stuck day.
That’s right – no stuck day!! Yay me!

I couldn’t get stuck. Nechama mistakenly missed her hasaa (paid transport to school) and I had to drive her into Jerusalem. It was quite innocent actually - after going out to see if anyone else was waiting, she came back in the house to get something to eat for breakfast. The van came and went and there was no way to catch it. It definitely could have been prevented with a little bit more proactive planning. We now have phone numbers of other girls on the van and we will get up a little earlier so we can eat something. No matter, I dropped her off and walked the Jerusalem Malcha Mall. A little lonely, I must admit. Tried on a great skirt and then looked at the price tag. Handmade! I put it back on the rack…
I’ve been looking for a comfortable pair of black shoes that I can wear without stockings on Shabbat. I found a new pair of NAOT sandals/shoes – I am a NAOT shoe junky!
By the time I picked up Ely from gan and did my homework and went to ulpan, I came home and crashed on the couch. I absolutely could not move off it! I remember Malka trying to pull me off to get me into my bed, but I couldn’t do it. I awoke at 2:30 am, and tried to fall back to sleep in my own bed.
While Ari is away, Ely usually sleeps in my bed with me. Makes us both feel better! Except she snores! Very heavy breather! The combination of Ely and our neighbors mutt of a dog who seemed to be barking at the air, I couldn’t fall back to sleep. It’s the worst feeling! You’re exhausted, really want to sleep, but can’t! Ugh. I think I finally nodded off at 4:30ish, only to have the alarm go off at 6:30!! I pushed the snooze button and barely remember my two big girls kissing me on the cheek before they left the house. I hope they packed a decent lunch! I hope they had everything they needed for school. I hope they don’t think I’m a bad Mommy for not seeing them to the door like I do almost every other day of the week!
… sigh ….
I got out of bed in time to get Ely to gan and myself to water aerobics. As I was doing my 100th jumping jack in the water, I realized it was Sept 9th and I was still swimming in an outdoor pool! I love it!! I have been like a fish this summer! In the water more than I can ever remember as an adult!
I decided today was the day to finally wash my children’s clothes. Wouldn’t you know it? My gas tank ran out. In Israel one has gas delivered to ones home in tanks. They’re actually called “balloonim” here. I realized the clothes weren’t drying, so now I’ve got two loads of wet clothes and no dryer – I guess I’m gonna have to call the company – if I can remember which one it is, and figure out how to say it in hebrew – and then hang out the clothes to dry the old fashioned way. No more time to write, oh well – duty calls!
I have two writing pieces I’ve been thinking about in my head. I gotta get them down on paper/computer, before I loose room for them in my brain.

I could just go on and on and on…filling up my brain!

Happy Day!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home