Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A little bit of this and that

Ari is in the States again. Hopefully for a successful job interview. I want him to get the job, but I don't want him to do the traveling that it will entail. Can't afford to be too picky.

Ari and I went north this past weekend. A celebration of sorts for our 18th. We stayed in a very nice hotel right on the Kinneret Sea. Relaxing. Bountiful and tasty food. Quiet. AWAY!

I asked Ari why he thought I needed get aways like this more than other people I know. His response was validating, "Not everyone lives life as seriously and intensely as you do. You need to get away from reality more." He wasn't complaining. And he's right.

So I plan the next getaway in 3 -4 months...

I blew off parent-teacher night at NED and MB's school tonight. I wasn't home last night and will not be home the next three nights. I haven't put Ely to bed in over a week. I needed to stay home and be Mommy.

So I did.

Made and ate dinner with my girls (DB was off to Jerusalem). Took a walk, hand-in-hand, with Ely, to deliver some checks I owed to various people on the yishuv. When we returned, Ely and MB and I went down to my office/studio and colored/painted for a half hour and then bed time. It was all worth it!

Had my first client in my new office/studio today. It's not completely set up yet, but usable enough. I need to get a desk and organize my files. I need to unpack more of the arts and crafts boxes that have been packed away for 3 years. And I need to get a sink and cabinets. And I need to decorate the walls more.
Otherwise, it's a great space! As of right now I am calling it: Express Yourself: Creative Space and Office.

I'm not very creative with names. Any ideas?

Tomorrow is a very full day. I see clients at the clinic from 10 AM until 3 PM. Then I have a private client in Jerusalem and then I have supervision.

There is a NAOT shoe sale on the yishuv tomorrow evening. I want to try to make it back for that.

I'm rambling.

Sleep calls in my big empty bed. Ari returns on Wednesday, please G-d.

Good night.
Smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home