Thursday, May 03, 2007

Pet Peeve

I hate it when I call or email a friend - or even send an ecard - for their birthday, or a special occasion, and they don't acknowledge it! (NOT YOU, SPAZ!! You are the best!)

Why are people like that? Should I take it personally? Should I continue to lecture them on being considerate or teach them about basic common curtesy?

I have a couple I work with who arrive every week about 20 minutes late. I can't take it personally, I can't really even lecture them. Nothing seems to phase them anyhow. They just come late - their choice.

But this pet peeve is different. It is more personal. And even after I say something, whether sarcastically or seriously, they still don't respond.

But I don't want to give up.

I think it's making me angry.

6 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately in life people often can't/don't respond or correspond with people that desire it. I know I feel neglected by some of my friends and I know some have felt the same about me. It is weird that you brought this up now. I too have been battling with a similar situation. What can you do besides ask someone point blank if they really like you any more and why they don't try harder? It is sad when we grow up and realized that our friends have grown away. I often wonder about people that I no longer have contact with and then wonder if they think of me. Do they miss me like I miss them?

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally hear you on these issues. So frustrating, but it's important not to let the aggravations get to you.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Sares
Spaz

 
At 4:25 AM, Blogger MOD Director said...

Ask yourself why you need the recognition that you reached out to them. If you send the email/card without expecting anything in return (i.e. because the giving made YOU feel good), then perhaps it won't bother you so much. The "lack of courtesy" is their challenge in life. It only becomes a frustration and challenge for you if you let it.

BB#2

 
At 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sar---I have a long list of friends and family that I send cards and now e-cards to. I send because I care about them----whether they acknowledge or not doesn't really matter. Just want them to know I'm thinking of them---nothing more---nothing in return--Dad taught me along time ago, don't expect people to be like YOU, then you won't be hurt or disappointed! It's a crazy world today, everyone is running and busy, I think they apprecialte that you are thinking of them!! No more mussar--but big hugs to my beautiful, caring daughter:) Mom

 
At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For all of the birthday cards, and phone calls, and shoulders to cry on, that I have not acknowledged over the years, please accept my sincerest Thank You.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home