Monday, June 04, 2007

Weird Dreams

The last couple nights have been non-restful dream-filled nights of not much sleep.

I am dreaming again of friends and acquaintances from high school. I haven't dreamt of these people in years. I used to. When I first got married, I dreamt of these people all the time. But over time these dreams stopped.

Why now? Why would I dream of Heath Covey and Kathy Arnold? Mark Hickey and Janice Warner? Tina Jones and Susie McCue? They are such random people?

Dreaming about Teri and Matthew and Julius is normal for me. Even David Rolls and Kelli sneak in. But the others? Just weird!

Sitting with Matt Pedersen at a lunch table in a cafeteria, I asked him, “Do you think I’m fat?”

He answers, “Yeah, you’ve gained wait, but I love you anyhow.”

I reply, “That’s what I always loved about you, Matthew. Even when I was fat, you loved me.”

Just weird, MAN!!

Why now?

2 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger MOD Director said...

If you could describe your high school years in one or two words, what would they be? Do the same for your friends during high school. Think about those words and their corresponding emotions and see if they fit into your life today somehow. Just a thought...love ya BB#2

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no expert by far, but maybe it's hormonal. Those awesome lady hormones do some strange stuff to our heads, not to mention some other parts. I sometimes dream of people of yore that I'm no longer friends with. Usually I'm just sad after that we're not friends anymore. I like to blame the hormones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home