Thursday, February 28, 2008

Good wine, good friends, and great meat!!

Not nescessarily in that order!

Ari and I, 5 other couples and two men without spouses joined hundreds of other wine lovers last night at the Israel Wine Expo in Tel Aviv .

It was truly a cultural experience. We were handed wine glasses as we entered and walked from kiosk to kiosk filling our glasses - pretending to swish and smell as if we knew what we were doing - and trying different kinds of wines. It was fun, a bit in toxicating and I actually learned that I do not like Merlot red wines and prefer a nice light Sauvignon dry red. I brought home 2 bottles of a merlot/sauvignon mix and another bottle of a very yummy sweet dessert wine.

We laughed alot.

AFTER the wine, we all met at a restaurant in Tel Aviv for some very delicious meat - no more wine - and hot chocolate fudge cake for dessert.

I laughted alot.

Life is so short. When did I stop enjoying it and get so serious?

My soul needs to play more. It just makes life so much more fun - worth living and still meaningful.

Thanks to my wonderful husband for making me go, and to our great friends for organizing the outing!

Know what? I think besides the great wine and food, I got to hang out with people I don't always hang with - and it was refreshing...

Now I'm off to a glass mosaic class.

Happy Day!

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally! You're figuring it out. Now it's my turn. :) BB#2

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should definitely try a Pinot Noir - 2004 if you can find it. I just discovered it and it's wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home