Thursday, June 12, 2008

How can it be?!?

I just turned 17 last week.
How can it be that my daughter is going to be 17?

I remember my summer of 17 - not my favorite one.
I worked at a bungalow colony in the Catskills with Sarah Ribakow and Aliza Haber and Cynthia. We were camp couselors for a bunch of chassidish kids. Horrible experience!
I left early. My parents picked me up and we went to Bethany Beach. I spent the week hanging out with Matthew Pedesen on the beach. Got a really nice tan and then went home. I had to wear cover-up on my shoulders for my senior pictures to cover the tan lines (the things I remember!!)

Then senior year... what a trip!

And it all happened last week.

So how is it that my MB is going to be 17?

I cannot hold onto the years hard enough...

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger BubbyT said...

I know what you mean Sarah, but I feel it one more generation away. My oldest granddaughter (who for some reason reminds me of myself) is graduating 8th grade next week. How is that possible...I just graduated 8th grade. I remember the entire evening as if it were yesterday!! from the hideous white dresses we made in sewing class, to my father A"H's speech, to burning my tongue with hot tea when we got home...oh how time flies!! I remember the summer I turned 14...seems like yesterday!!
enjoy the years!! enjoy your time with your kids!! enjoy life!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home