Thursday, November 06, 2008

A new phase

Wednesday morning, Ely woke up not feeling well, so she stayed home from school. On days like those, I get stuck and can’t get much done around the house.

I think it comes from the days when she was a baby and would get VERY sick with 104-degree temperatures. I would hold her all day waiting for her to perk up and feel better until her temperature would spike again and she would go limp. It was an immune deficiency thing which seems to have disappeared for the most part.

I remember being frozen, waiting for the G-d forbid worst. Now when she gets a fever or doesn’t feel well, the same thing happens to me. I freeze and wait. As soon as she is perky and back to herself, I can function. Until then…nothing.

But that’s not what I wanted to write about.

DB was home yesterday too. Still needing his Mommy to help him heal. And still working on filling out the 8 page questionnaire he needed to finish for the Army.

He had the first of several interviews with the Army too. Of which he can tell me nothing and I am no longer allowed to ask any questions about.

So now, not only do I worry about where he is, I have no idea where he is or WHAT he is doing.

All part of letting go. And praying to G-d to keep him safe, out of harms way, and asking HIM to stay by my “little” boy’s side.

It’s a new phase. Different than sending him off to college. At least I would have a vague idea of where he was and what he was doing – vague, I know. But still. Now not only will I not know, but he CAN’T tell me.

All part of growing up…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home