Friday, January 02, 2009

Takes One to Know One!!

I never really liked it when my father would say how much my mother and I were alike. He sometimes still does. So does Ari for that matter.
I want to be my own person. And so what if I have a similar personality to my mother. There are things I like about our similarities and things I don't like.

Of course now that I am a mother, I get to see myself in my daughters all the time! And I understand how mothers and daughters can really be very similar.

MB has many of my traits - outgoing, personable, responsible, good with kids, creative, and more.

But sometimes, when NED says something or turns her head in a certain way - it scares me. Sometimes I feel as if I am looking in the mirror with NED. We are so much the same.

Tonight I had to drive to Jerusalem to attend the wedding of one of the kallahs (brides), I had the zchut (merit) to learn with. Ari and MB are also friendly with the chatan (Groom) and his family.

I was not feeling well today and really did not want to go. But I pushed myself and got dressed.

As I walked out the door, NED said to me, without any sarcasm, "Imma, remember not to wear your 'I don't want to be here' face."

I chuckled. How did she know that's what I was going to do? I was literally draggin myself out the door!

She knew because she does the same thing. Often. And I have to remind her before she goes out, not to make other people uncomfortable because she isn't in a good mood or doesn't feel well.

It takes one to know one.

P.S. I left my 'face' in the car and tried to enjoy being there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home