Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Pain in the world

I understand that depression exists because biological or chemical imbalances. We can't help that.

But why then do people have to go and abuse, torture, bully, and neglect? Then it gets confusing. Is it because of the biological make-up or because of something that happened?

Just doesn't seem fair.

Also, my doctor told me that medical trauma is not given enough focus or weight as a legitimate form of trauma. And understanding the affects on the brain and person.

Remind me to tell you about what happened to me when I was nine years old. Went blind, almost died. Mumps encephalitis.

Long time ago, but might explain a lot about me.

1 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

My understanding is that while in some people depression "just happens," purely biologically, in most people it's first set off by a life event. Then, in some people, the depression eventually goes away, but in others who are genetically predisposed, the brain becomes permanently hard-wired to get depressed on a chronic basis. In other words, once your brain learns to be depressed, it might not be so easy to un-learn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home