Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Agree to disagree

Halli and I had a disagreement.
Nothing major.
Just a difference of opinion

I have recently decided that instead of just throwing away or burning old journals, that I don't want to keep anymore - don't want my kids or Ari (or anyone!) reading - I would change the energy in them. Use them for something positive. I have begun to go through them and tear out the pages i do not want to be read, and rip them into little pieces in order to make paper mache projects.

Change the energy.

My first idea was to make a huge painting, with the paper mache-d pieces of my journals as the parchment. But I haven't gotten myself together to put something so big together yet. So far I only made a pencil holder for Ari's desk. Next is a large bowl.

Halli says it's a bad idea. First, the going through and reading old journals idea, and second, the idea of having a pencil holder on Ari's desk made from bad stuff in my past.

For me it is clear. I can somewhat agree with the rereading part. Not so great for me. But I've been able to just read or peruse and rip out! For the most part. But the changing energy part for me is very therapeutic.

She doesn't like the idea.
We agreed to disagree.

2 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see both sides...using something 'bad' for 'good.' I mean I'm all about recycling but then it makes me think of the lady that wants a new bed when she marries a widower or when my new boyfriend in high school gave me a teddy bear that he had initially bought for another girl. Am I crazy? And there is page of my journal that I might rip out.

 
At 3:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB, you and I MUST talk about this issue together!
Love
BB#1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home