Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Being understood

One of the most difficult parts of communicating with people is making myself understood.

I know what I mean and I know how I feel.
And even sometimes I don't really know why I feel the way I do, but I still want to be understood.

Knowing that someone gets me.

I think I have spent most of my 45 years of life trying to be understood.
Just getting people around me to "get me."

Maybe I do to others, but I never quite felt like I fit 'the mold'. And I have never had a problem with that. Except that it's a very lonely feeling.

Understanding and accepting are two different things. One is lonelier than the other when it doesn't happen. Not sure which though.

It's really hard to live in a world where I feel like no one REALLY understands me.
But I do and I am.
And I just keep trying to make myself understood.

It's all in communication...

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DO you need a hug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home