Monday, May 02, 2005

Back from too much relaxation

That’s right. I’m back. Haven’t touched a computer in over a week, and - I must admit - I did not miss it. The simplicity of whatever I had in my possession for a week - and no more - was wonderful. The worst is coming home to clutter and piles left behind.

But I cannot complain about the beautiful scenery and weather. I cannot complain about not having to cook or clean up after a meal. I cannot complain about keeping a house clean or worrying about making my guests feel comfortable.

I am spoiled. I admit it. Am not proud of it. But it is my reality.

Next year I want to stay home. Ari says he wants to wait until we are in our own home. I just want to be home.

Four days in the Galil – the northeast mountains of Israel; and six days at the Dead Sea. Each was spectacular in beauty. Clear air and mountains in the north, salt water and minerals, desert and a facial at the Dead Sea. What could be bad?

A couple days of sick kids. Yet the best vacation I have had, mood-wise. I tried to be extra loving and more patient with the kids. I prayed to let go of judgment and allow love and acceptance to take its place. I feel good about how I handled myself. I gave to myself the time to relax and be pampered.

Worried about DB. On the edge. Is it typical teenage stuff or something more? All I can do is guide, encourage and love – trying so hard not to nag!

We’re home now, my family and I, but until the kids go back to school tomorrow and my in-laws leave on Wednesday, my time is still not my own.

I will take MIL (mother-in-law) to Jerusalem in the morning to do her shopping. FIL (you get the pattern) will tag along. I will get a medal!!

Trying to stay away from refined sugar. Doing okay, not great. But trying.

Still reading the book, “Embracing Fear” by Thom Rutledge. I wish it came on booktape because I don’t have the time to read books all the way through.

The biggest news of the season is that we bought a lot of land to build a house on. Ari met with the builder right before we left to go away. I am still deep in denial. I am having a very difficult time allowing myself to be excited. It’s so huge! A house from scratch, decisions to make – it’s like writer’s block or not being able to start the painting. Once I get started I’ll be okay. I usually am.

And everything always seems to work out.

Obviously many thoughts in my head.

I’m back and will continue writing as the thoughts continue to emerge.

Happy Day!

4 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger houseofjoy said...

Congratulations on the plot of land. A home in Eretz Yisael, that's big stuff.
Good luck with all the planning.
Beth

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mazel tov on the land. Where in israel is it? Don't worry too much about DB. He's just a typical teen trying to assert himself. I say give him enough rope to hang himself (my "perfect" parent's philosophy). just make sure he doesn't stay hanging for too long but long enough that he learns something if he does manage to hang himself.

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Special Ed said...

I like Dani's idea, he's just tired of being perfect but too smart to do somehting dumb! does this mean your gonna have a brand new house for me to crash? yay!!

 
At 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mazal tov on the fulfillment of yishuv ha-aretz and buying some land in eretz yisrael. i should do that and join you sometime, and i will, but that doesn't seem to be the current plan of events.
i can't wait to see what you guys build, and i know that it will be perfectly suited for you and your many guests (like me:).
-jeffrey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home