Monday, September 12, 2005

Anxiety and procrastination

In 4 days I will be presenting a professional development seminar on understanding the expressive arts therapies to mental health professionals at the family clinic in Jerusalem. It will be a 3-hour experiential seminar, and I have not figured out yet what I am going to do to fill that time.

My anxiety has completely paralyzed me.

I called my old expressive arts friend and collegue, Christina, to get me motivated. I miss Christina! I miss my expressive arts friends. No one understands me here. I need people who think like I do. Therapists who can think outside the box.

Anyhow, my anxiety over preparing for this workshop has helped me get everything else done but the actual format of the workshop. I still have some time.

In other news…
We finished our first week of school.

NED is more and more like me everyday. I see my personality in her, times 100! Deeply sensitive. Irritable. Moody. Insecure. Get in her way, she’ll swipe at you…but loves hugs and attention.
MB has my intensity of getting things done. When she puts her mind to it, she is highly motivated.
DB is so deep and sensitive in his relating to people.
And Ely just wants to play with babies…

Ari is away. NED really misses him. I like having the car to myself.

I will see three clients at the clinic this week – one, partially in Hebrew.

I will see a private client. She doesn’t want to talk. She wants to use art and movement. Where shall I begin?

I spent 2 hours today with a kitchen and bathroom design guy. Great ideas and alleviates my anxiety about the house.

Oh, and I organized a tiyul (trip) for new olim on the yishuv to the dairy section of the super market. I’ve been here 2 years and still can’t tell which is cottage cheese and which is sour cream?? Should be fun.

How’s that for a quick all over update?

It's Sept. 11th. I remember...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home