Monday, May 15, 2006

Picking Tiles

Ari and I drove to Tel Aviv AGAIN today. This time to really finalize our tile selection for the house. Evidently, the contractor is ready to FINALLY start laying the tile.

So here is how my inner conversation goes with choosing tile:

Whatever I choose is going to look great
I don't want to care.
But I should care. 'Cuz then it will be in and I might not like it, like the windows on the outside of the house. I didn't care then and now I don't like them and I have to live with them for the rest of my life.

So I need to care and choose something nice.

But everything will look great once it's in.
Maybe I should have hired a designer.
How come other people building seem to be doing this with such ease.
We can't afford a designer.
And I'm supposed to be so good at this.

I need more hand holding.
How do I know if it's going to look good.
I don't care.
I don't want to care.

But if I don't care then I might not like it when it's done.

And around and around and around and around

Think this is fun?!

No.

P.S. Happy Mother's Day! I Need my Mommy...

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Blogger brainhell said...

We're picking tile right now for our addition. I have amazingly good design instincts, for a straight guy. Post images of the tiles and I'll pick 'em for ya.

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Karban Nesanel said...

yes yes, happy mothers day indeed Sarah B. you DEFINITELY deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home