Thursday, June 07, 2007

Don't miss the "Big Talk"

I saw some pictures from a shul dinner in Boston. Everyone was so dressed up. Not that the honorees didn't deserve the kovod (honor), but I do not miss that stuff. Small talk, fake smiling, control top pantyhose - No sir, do not miss it!

We had a visit from a new neighbor today. Actually they are a family who is only here in Israel for three weeks out of the year. They built a vacation home on our street. They arrived today. He came over to say hello. Nice people. But I don't miss the "big talk" of how much money I spent on this or what name brand that product is. Just a turn off for me, and we just don't hear much of that here. Why do I need to know that the whole family flew business class?

The materialism is not important here.

One of the reasons I love living in Israel...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home