Friday, December 21, 2007

Quick story of likeness

I asked NED to leave school and go to my doctor's office up the street from her to pick up some medication for me (digestive enzymes - nothing terrible!)

She got the permission she needed and took a five minute walk up the street.

She got the medicine, but not before relaying the following story, (in NED's words, sort of)

"I got a little lost and I saw this woman walking with a baby in a carriage, so I went over to her and asked for the address in hebrew. The woman answered me in english and then said, 'Are you Sarah B's daughter?', I was a little freaked out and wasn't sure who she was. She told me she worked with you at the Family Clinic in Jerusalem and I look just like you."

Amazing that someone who never met NED could see her on the street and know she was my daughter!

NED and I don't see the likeness at all, except for maybe eye color.

Cool story though, huh?!

4 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! We have always seen it but as NED gets older less so.
As to the previous post...Unh?!?!?
Love
BB#1

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Devora:-) said...

I love when people tell me I look my mom...especially because we are not related. It's hivslarious.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have always been AMAZED at how much your kids look like both their parents (who don't look so much alike themselves). Strong, shared physical characteristics between the siblings! Genetics, man.... :-)

My own kids seem to go through phases where they more closely resemble different family members. Middle child now most closely resembles me. But, years ago a woman approached me in Trader Joe's (oh! how I miss that store!) to tell me how much he looked like my husband. I didn't recognize the woman and asked how she knew David. She quickly replied that she didn't know him at all -- it was just that Ariella, IHHO, looked like me. But since Ari and Gili had an "air" of resemblence to one another, the woman assumed (correctly) that they were siblings. But Gili -- well, as she said, he looked like I had nothin' to do with him, except for obviously serving as his incubator a few years earlier.....

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Are you kidding? You and NED have practically identical faces! I understand why you don't see that, but it is so true and has always been true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home