Friday, December 21, 2007

What do I know?

Been thinking alot about that question and other things lately.

I have judgements.
Ways I think about people and things because...

because someone taught me to think that way. Someone told me I had to think that way. I was influenced by the way people around me thought, thinking that it was the only right way.

I am 41 years old and still thinking about what I think and not what others tell me to think. How crazy is that?

Why should someone be the way I think they should be?

I find myself saying alot lately, "I no longer think I know what is best for other people."

Which is hard when it comes to my kids - all my kids.

What are judgements?

Ely asked me this morning as I was putting on makeup, "Imma, why do people where make up and dress up nicely when they go out?"

Not knowing what to say, I turned it back on her. "What do you think?"

"I guess people don't want to be embarrassed. They want to look nice."

How do I teach this without it being a judgement?

Just thinking...

And wondering, What do I know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home