Tuesday, December 02, 2008

DB hug

Thankfully DB is still okay with hugs. After Ari spoke at the party, DB gave him a hug – in front of all his friends.

It’s something Ari has always taught our children: You are never too old to hug your mother of father.

And DB had no trouble hugging his father.

When DB came into the kitchen to say thank you, I wrapped my arms around him and he reciprocated. And did not let go. His friends kept walking into the kitchen and turning around, as if they were wrongly watching something inimate. As I hugged DB, I said, “They are nice boys. And now you get to meet yet another new group of friends.”

DB, in his deep meaningful way answered me. “I’ve known a lot of people in my life, haven’t I? I hope it helps me.”

I assured him that as long as he knows he has been real with people and he is able to say, “I’ve made a difference in someone’s life,” then he knows it has helped.

I love those moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home