Friday, January 02, 2009

My 10 P.M. phone call

Every night from 10 P.M. on, I have my cell phone by my side waiting for DB to call.

He called tonight while we were at the wedding, so it was hard to hear.

He told us that last night they had a punishment for some reason I didn't hear. His group had to sleep in their full uniform, coats, helmets, bulletproof vests and boots - this was their punishment.

I asked how he slept, knowing full well what his answer would be.

"Oh, I slept fine, Imma. No problem with that. Some of the other guys were mad at me cuz I fell asleep so fast."

That's my boy. He never has a problem sleeping - never has. Can sleep anywhere, anytime. Thankfully that's not his problem.

Being frustrated with the lack of personal time is one of his problems. Their time is so regimented that he has no down time. Barely even to call home. DB likes his down time. It's part of his laid back personality. So the structure of the training, although very good for him, makes him frustrated sometimes.

Ari very supportively reminded DB that not being allowed free time was part of the army mind game. They want to make sure he can handle all of it. He can't let them know how frustrated he is. That is how they weed the boys out. He has to play the game.

DB appreciated Ari's reminder.

And I was just comforted in knowing he still needs us!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home