Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Self-Indulgent day

I decided this Shabbat, since Ari was going to be in Jerusalem for a work related Shabbat, that I was going to self-indulge myself.
No cooking, no guests, no doing anything for anyone, but me
So it sort of worked.
I baked cookies to take with us (NED, ELY and I) to our hosts for Friday night. And ELY and I baked several dozen hamantashen for Purim.

Friday night, after the meal, ELY and I took a walk around the yishuv, visited some friends, and came home to lay on the couch and read. At 10:30, ELY announced she was ready to go to sleep. I took her up to Ari's bed and sang with her until she was asleep. I went back down to the couch to read until NED woke me up and we both went upstairs.

I woke up several times during the night,as I usually do, but fell quickly back to sleep. ELY woke me up in the morning to say she had given herself breakfast and was taking her self to synagogue. NED did the same a couple hours later.

I slept and read, on and off, the entire day. Only getting out of bed to use the toilet. I did not eat anything, and was not hungry. I only left my bed after 5 PM when it got too dark in my room to read - it was still Shabbat and I couldn't turn on the light.

That was my day of self-indulgent rest. Reading a good book, which I must finish tonight, not getting out of bed, not serving or cleaning up after anyone, and not feeling one bit guilty about it!!

Back to reality and people....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home