Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nostalgic for Christmas

Growing up in Frederick allowed me to experience a lot of different ways to celebrate a holiday season.
Chanukah came and went, and because I went to public school, Christmas was much more a part of my life.
I didn't wish to be different. I accepted who I was, and still enjoyed what was going on around me.
I loved the parties.
The red and green everywhere.
The music.
The smiles.
The creative shopping and wrapping.
The family time. The attention.

I was never forgotten. By Kathy or Carrie or Cathy or Lori. Or any of my friends. They all knew it was Chanukah for me, and included me anyhow. I'd find presents from Santa under their trees, or from my secret Santa.
When I was real little we would leave milk and cookies out for Santa, hung stockings on our fireplace mantel, and find presents waiting for us Christmas morning.

I feel richer. More aware. More full. more alive because of my experiences.

Thank you to all my friends who celebrated over the years. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

Love you all!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home