Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feeling Misunderstood

Communication is what makes the world go around.
Without it we have chaos.

If you don't understand me when I give you directions, you could end up in some dangerous Arab village.
If I don't make myself clear when ordering from the butcher, i could end up with chicken on Thanksgiving instead of turkey.

Chaos. Confusion. Misunderstanding.

Feelings are complicated. So trying to make them understood or understanding them ourselves is even harder.

The worst feeling of isolation comes from not feeling understood. It's frustrating. It's demoralizing.

When we can't make ourselves understood, we have two choices.
We can give up, shut down, close ourselves off.
or
We can keep trying, until someone understands.

Because feeling understood, is the kindest, most freeing and exciting feeling. We connect when we understand each other.

We can love deeper
We can hold longer
We can be together with more realness.

Still not sure, though, which is harder: living with feeling misunderstood? Or not being able to understand another?

Either way, there lies a gigantic whole in the communication of the world when either of these happen.

I think so, at least. I feel so, too.

Do you understand what I mean?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home