Friday, January 07, 2005

I love my electric sifter!

As I wait for my apple crisp to come out of the oven, I thought I'd tell everyone how much I love my electric sifter - something trivial before I get down to the "real" stuff.

In Israel we have to sift our flour for fear of ingesting bugs. One can buy an Israeli hand sifter, basically a hand seive with tiny tiny holes, and spend an hour shaking the darn thing.

Or you can have a great husband who goes out and buys - that is, of course, when you ask him to - an electric flour sifter. Set the thing up in one minute, pour the flour in, and in less that two minutes you have sifted flour ready to be used.

For those of us who are crazy bakers, it saves so much time and frusrtation.

Thanks to Ari for buying it for me!

Now back to my apple crisp and more serious stuff...

1 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, SB. I just came back from visiting the Treppenwitz's. :-) They've banded together with other families on their yishuv to buy flour fresh from the mill. The flour goes from the mill to your house (and into your fridge/freezer) in less than a day, and therefore doesn't have to be sifted. Just a thought.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home