Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I found Jeff!!

With your suggestions and my perserverance, I found him.

411.com didn't help me very much because there were too many of the same names and I wasn't YET about to start calling strangers. But it did remind me of Jeff's sister's name, so I Googled her name and tracked her down at work. She gave me Jeff's number, and besides my VOIP line cutting out, I finally spoke to him!

He turned 23 last week. He is working for a union laying floors and carpets and has a rock band that is growing in reputation in Massachusetts. I'm really proud of him! It used to be that after I stopped seeing him as a client (because I stopped working at the school and he dropped out) I was afraid every year to call. I was always afraid his mother would tell me Jeff was in prison or worse.

But the goodness and decency I always saw in him has kept him above water and even made him a success for himself.

I believe in the resiliency theory. When we know someone believes in us somewhere in the world, we are resilient to all the bad that might come our way.

Jeff has been resilient. I am not saying that it is because of me that he has made it. But I know that because of him, I have alot more trust in myself as a clinician and friend.

I am deeply thankful to him.

I feel so much better now...

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger Deanna said...

Beautiful theory!!! Keep touching people's lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home