Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Nostalgic Music

Last night Ari and I went to a Simon and Garfunkel concert here on the yishuv.

OK, so it wasn't actually Simon and Garfunkel, but it was close enough! It was two guys, Moni and Larry, singing Simon and Garfunkel tunes. And boy, were they great!

Although I still listen to their music on CD today, hearing the music live brought back memories of my childhood.

Some of the songs brought me back to Thailand and Patia Beach and the sound of the commisary screen door slamming closed with the music of S & G coming through the windows.

I remember finishing dinner during the week and my parents putting their favorite S & G album on the record player and dancing in the living room.

I remember fighting with my brother over whose tape was whose.

I remember in high school when a young man who had a crazy crush on me gave me the words to Bridge Over Troubled Water in a love note.

Moni and Larry played for over 2 hours with two encores! There were only two songs I didn't know and sang right along with the rest of them. I had a hard time sitting still! (I do not understand how people can go to a concert and sit still? Doesn't the music move them?)

Great music, great fun, and the best part was having a nice evening out with my husband!

If you live in Israel and enjoy Simon and Garfunkel music, I recommend them highly!!

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB, Ris and I also are very nostolgic about S&G. Their concert in Central Park is a favorite. Remember Dad dancing with us to Cecilia in the family room in Cloverhill?
Love
BB#1

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Hinda said...

People are always asking me if I know the sound of silence. I don't, in case you were wondering. :)

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger MOD Director said...

Dad would dance with us in a circle to Cecilia in Bangkok. I never understood the "dirty" part until later in life ("I got up to wash my face when I came back to bed someone had taken my place"). The Pattaya Beach squeaky door to the restaurant always reminds me of The Who's Tommy, "See Me, Feel Me". Go figure...

#2 :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home