Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I used to be an intelligent woman!

Today I was offered the opportunity to do something I have only dreamed about since becoming an Expressive Therapist 9 years ago.

I received a call this morning from an expressive therapist who specializes in psychodrama, graduated from Lesley (way before me), and led a workshop I participated in last year. He informed me that the Michlala (College for women) in Jerusalem was beginning a training program in Expressive Arts Therapy and he wanted to know if I would be interested in teaching a class.

Not just any class. The Core Group class - which is the foundation of any expressive arts program. It's practically like a groups dynamics course, but so much more involved therapeutically.

After he asked, he added, "And by the way, how is your hebrew?"


AAAHHHHHH! I laughed. I told him he had just handed me a perfect silver platter and I had to throw it right back at him. My hebrew is not strong enough to work with adults, I explained to him, and it would be unethical for me to try.

I used to be an intelligent person, I told him. I got here and suddenly I sound like an idiot when I'm trying to express myself to people.

It's horrible -

But so very flattering and exciting that he even considered me!

So proud of myself :)

Wanted to share that

3 Comments:

At 3:24 AM, Blogger MOD Director said...

You still are an intelligent woman. You're related to me of course. :) BB#2

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Special Ed said...

you're for sure smarter than me. I don't know if that helps or not:)

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heres a thought to cheer you up: When really smart ppl get old and their teeth fall out and they spit and slur their words and get laid off from teaching at some university, that guy is still a really smart old guy when hes sitting on his couch drinking his liquid dinner. thats kinda like your situation. Always glad to help! good shabbos
To update any reader:
1. im well into first semester of Machon Lev in yerushalayim studying industrial engineering(school, class, homework, math- all new terms to me)
2. being a madich in torat shraga is fun and exciting, who'da thunk id be doing wake up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home