Tuesday, June 12, 2007

DB graduates high school

Yeah, it's true.

My little boy, who was born yesterday, it seems, graduated high school.

In Israel he's not officially done until he finishes his bagrut exams.

It was a different graduation experience - for me at least. No pomp and circumstance. No seriousness. No cap and gown. yes long speeches (most of which i understood very little!) Complete choas in the giving out of the certificates (not diplomas). The guests - mostly parents - sat at tables with tablecloths, burning candles, plates and napkins, with fruit and cookies, drinks and some kind of borekas on the table.

When DB told us he wasn't coming home with us, I flashed back to my graduation night party and thought, "Oh no!"

"I need to say this to you DB, because I have to. Be careful, graduation night tends to be crazy."

"Not here Imma. These are Chorev (name of his school) boys. You don't have to worry."

I admitted not knowing any of the boys he is going out with. They are going to do a night hike, have a BBQ and then go to daaven in the morning.

My whole frame of reference is off. It's a completely different culture that I don't relate to. It's all very weird.

Nonetheless, I have a high school graduate.

When did that happen?!?!

3 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you blinked.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger BubbyT said...

mazel tov!!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger MOD Director said...

Another chapter in the book of life. Mazel tov! BB#2

 

Post a Comment

<< Home