Tuesday, December 25, 2007

More Ballet thoughts

I don't recognize the woman in the mirror. I thought she was a teenage girl!

She's taller than I remember. She's heavier and bustier than I remember. She is stiffer in her movements, too.

All those years of mother telling me to stand up straight and the ballet teacher tells me it's not natural. I'm too tight!

Why does everyone tell me I'm too tight?!

I have a pinch in my right knee that makes it hard to extend and point too high.

I can't do turns because I have such horrible motion sickness/equilibrium dysfunction (I made that one up) and I'm so worried about getting the steps right that I can't focus on that point in the corner if the room.

It's an amazing thing, though, when I close my eyes and feel the moves in my body, it just flows. I'm not self-conscious or stiff and my body just goes...

What happens to a young girl over the years?
She's not young anymore, that's the first reality.

I might be wiser in some areas of my 41 year old life. But in others, I'm just plain stupid!

Yet one more place to have to learn to let go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home