Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I can’t buy beer for my son’s draft party!!!!

DB asked if I would buy beer for the party. I immediately said NO! I can’t buy beer for a bunch of 19-year-old boys, it’s illegal!

I remember a party after high school where there was beer. We were under age. It was wrong that the parents bought it for us. But we still drank it.

Here it’s NOT illegal. But if we were in the States and the police walked in, I would have been arrested!

I didn’t buy it, but DB’s friends did. And I was okay with that. It was very nice of them to bring something. And it was very tame, very innocent. Like old men sitting around drinkin beer and eating a burger. Not a big deal.

But I am still an American mom, and I could not bring myself to buy it for them…on principle.

Which, of course, DB found “Ridiculous!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home