Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Amusement Park Musings

I took Ely to Superland today with her friend, Eliana. Superland is about a 1/4 of the size of any amusement park in the US. Perfect for me!

Cheap tickets, for Chashmonaim residents, I couldn't resist.

I don't love amusement parks as much as I used to. Can't ride the rides and scream like I used to. Motion Sickness.

Can't walk around and around and around the park like I used to. My feet hurt.

Women in the States seem to be much more casually dressed at an amusement park. I could never walk around in those high heels and tight dresses I saw today.

I don't remember the American kids being rude, obnoxious or disrespectful while standing in line. People are so much more courteous in the US. I have never felt the extreme sense of entitlement coming from people as I did today. It's part of the culture here. As if their time and space is more important than mine. It's disillusioning and makes me sad.

Ely is very brave. She went on the big kid rides. As many, at least, as her little body would be allowed on.
Ari or DB would have had more fun with her. I watched from the side more. Sorry, Ely.

We ended with an ice cream and one last bumper car drive before Ely got nauseous enough to want to go home. It was 10:00 PM!!

Fun day with my little girl, who somehow is old enough to enjoy roller coasters!

And by the way, we saw several military planes fly over today. Superland is very near the air force base DB is stationed in right now. I assumed they might be carrying my DB, as I knew he was going to be jumping from planes this week. He called tonight to say he was in them and he did jump! He wanted to invite us to watch him live tomorrow.
Thankfully I have a client, not sure i would want to really watch him do it!

1 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Anonymous silvergirl said...

I went to Superland for the first and last time recently. I couldn't handle the way people acted in 'line'. I will never go back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home