Wednesday, March 03, 2010

More stuff...

When I don't blog often enough I only give myself permission to make lists of stuff I WOULD write about if I wrote more often:

- Mourning the death of one of "my moms", Mrs. Anne Cohen, mother of my very dear friend, Brucie. Mrs. Cohen always made me feel so loved and welcome whenever I was in her home. I can see her sitting in the kitchen with her apron on. Welcoming me with a smile and wanting to know about my life. She raised loving sons who adored her. I am sad for my friend. And wish I could be closer to be able to hug him and let him know that even though his Mom is no longer here, he is still very much loved!

- Raising children. Now that most of my kids are grown and out of the house, I see now how all my touch love, consistent, difficult parenting has paid off. I have given them tools to be responsible, capable and mature young adults. What more could I ask for after all my tears and difficult child raising? Now, to see Ely through the same process.

- Purim overload. This year after about 4 hours of loud singing and yelling with over 50 people in my house - I wanted to hide. I didn't want it to end - but I needed to hide. I was feeling overloaded. Too much noise. AM I becoming my mother?!

- Feeling compassion fatigue.

- Frustrated over trying to take care of physical stuff

- Is worry a misguided attempt to control my world? A colleague accused me of this. In a supportive way. Gave me one more thing to think about.

- Ari traveling. His nephew's Bar Mitzvah. I'm jealous. I want to see MY family. Should we spend the over $1000 and let Ari take ELy with him? It's only money.

enough for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home