Sunday, May 09, 2010

Want to appreciate

It's been a long time since I have had Shabbat guests that consist of the children of people that have made a real difference in my life.
In no specific order:
S. Katz - Both his father (who as a teenager I had a love/hate relationship with) and mother were very much a part of my religious growth and friendship
Y. Spigelman - Beside the fact that he is almost family (his Aunt is my sister-in-law), Y's parents have been my friends for many many years
B. Caplan - His father was my friend through some very difficult teenage years, and his mother was my college roommate until she married my friend
J. Sykes - His father was one of my very first NCSY advisors, he was always so kind and friendly
S. Lowenbraun - Too much to say about the meaning it brings to have my Rabbi and Rebbetzin's son in my home! Overwhelming emotion!
C. Finkelstein - the connection to Frederick, Shoresh and where I come from
And, of course
AZ Edelman - my nephew. My family. I miss family so much! Connection to my roots. In my home. At my table. A part of me. Here. Connecting all the boys together

I don't want to forget the other boys - the ones that I have only gotten to know - some more, some less - over the last year.
I am thankful that G-d has allowed Ari and I and our children to create a comfortable and inspiring home for these boys.

I just wish they knew how much they inspire me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home