Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Control what I can control


The only thing I had to worry about when I was in 10th grade was getting caught by my parents for taking a ride to school in a friend's car, instead of taking the bus!

It's seemingly easy for me to send Elysheva off to school in Jerusalem and tell her not to be afraid. I don't have to get on the bus, or walk the streets to school every day scared that there might be a bomb or an attacker. I have taught my daughter, and all my children, that we cannot let the terrorists terrorize us. We will not be bullied into fear. We must hold the pepper spray, be alert, and try to stay with another person. We must send out positive energy into the world with a smile or a kind word or action.


I can't promise her that everything will be fine. I have no way to promise her that. But I can send her off to school with a hug and a kiss and an "I love you."

I can only control what I can control...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home