Sunday, September 19, 2004

I deserve this!

I have decided that I deserve to take a break from doing anything productive today!

Like most Jewish women over the last three days (and possibly days before that!), I have spent my time preparing menus, shopping, cooking, baking, serving and catering to the needs of our family and guests for the Rosh Hashana holiday.

This year was a small crowd. The first night of Rosh Hashana, our friends the Lloyds joined us for the festive meal.
This was our largest meal. We needed to take out two tables! Rhonda helped by bringing more than half the food! They had along with them 2 seminary girls who had been placed at their home by a hospitality commitee on the yishuv. As well, we had 4 seminary girls - 3 New England girls and one "tagalong". After that it was only 10 or 11 for each meal. I believe everyone had enough to eat and the singing and discussion for all the meals was more than wonderful!

I am very proud of my challahs, which if you don't know already, I made for the first time since DB was a baby (about 14 years ago). They came out so yummy! I think I have found a new weekly Wednesday night project. I did ok with food - not too much, not too little. Just the right amount of dairy vs. meat meals.

The best part of having girls over is that they help clean up! My dishes were washed and put away every night. Food put away, as I supervised from the couch - unable to move any longer! The worst part is that my husband and children feel as if they don't have to help. I'm still "on" and they run and hide, conplaining, "there's not enough room in the kitchen!"

Then there's the constant pick up of toys from the floor from Ely and the constant pushing aside of unworn but not put away shoes from my guests and children. Combine that with the daily prep for the next meal, and....

I deserve a day of rest!!

Do my nails, read, write...

Onto the next holiday - for Sukkot, we are having a NER girls shabbaton. The count as of now is 12!
I need to conserve my energy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home