Saturday, November 20, 2004

I hate curfew!

To clarify: I hate setting curfew and then waiting to see if my kids will keep or break it!

When they were little, they were so diligent. They listened. They did what we asked. They responded when we counted. They cared what we said. They were obedient. No arguments, just did it.

Robots.

And now, they answer back. They grunt. They pout. They slam doors. They whine. They yell, "But Imma!" They come home late and yell back, "It's not fair!"

When you were almost 12-years-old, did you have a curfew of 11:00 PM? How about 1:00 AM at 15 years?

This place is crazy! These kids don't get enough sleep.

And I have no control.

Then I start to question myself. Why is it so important for them to be home early when they want to be out with their friends. I remember very well wanting to
break curfew and many times actually doing it. The social pull is so strong. They have so much fun and are making lifetime memories for themselves.

But at what expense?

No matter! I hate curfew and I just want my little obedient, sweet, homebody children back.

Would this have happened even if we had stayed in Boston?

I wonder....




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home