Friday, November 19, 2004

My little Israeli

Well, almost!

I have said since we arrived here over one year ago, that I will know that my ELY has really adjusted when she starts playing with her babies in hebrew.

Well, it's happened!

The other day, as I lay in bed not wanting to get up, I could hear ELY in the living room playing. She had her dolls all lined up and was talking to them...or with them?

When I realized I couldn't make out what she was saying, it was because she was speaking in hebrew!

Her hebrew is simple. Like, "come" and "let's play" and "are you ok?" Small and simple sentences that she has for sure picked up in gan. She even rolls her "rrrr's".

It's very sweet. And she doesn't like to be caught speaking it either. I guess she doesn't have the confidence yet.

I did, though, hear her voice loud and clear, yelling something in hebrew, to her gannenet (teacher) when I went to pick her up from gan. She knows how to get herself heard when she needs to!

Thought I'd share that happy thought.

:) Happy Day and Shabbat Shalom

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay!

That's so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home