Friday, November 05, 2004

Here, but away

I’m here. Have been here all week.

But haven’t been able to write much over the last couple days.


Not sure why. No material? No thoughts? Highly unlikely.
Writer’s block? Maybe.


So here’s some practical news:
I’m taking the kids, against their wishes to Neve Yaakov to be with Brother Matthew and family for Shabbat. It’s not that my children don’t want to be with their cousins, but they are teenagers and right now they would rather be with their friends. So while I still can, and they are letting me without too much protest, I am taking them with me. Ely and I always love going. She has my niece who is her exact age, and I don’t see or hear from her the whole time. They are in baby-doll and dress-up heaven!
My kids have fun once they are there. It’s just getting them there.

I do half the cooking and bring all our own linens.
My job is desserts and side dishes. Tonight I made chocolate-chip cookies, pineapple upside down cake and mint frosted brownies. I made a potato and apple kugel and kishke for the cholent. Tomorrow I make the stir-fry and purple cabbage salad.

We will bring some of the new games I brought from the states. If my brother will let them, the kids will love playing.

So that’s my news. Ari will be home on Monday, please G-d.

Maybe then I’ll go to sleep at a normal time.

Shabbat Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home