Saturday, October 30, 2004

I'm Back... and ready to blog!

First-of-all, I must apologize for being a no-show over the last week. As soon as I figured out how to publish a blog on my Dad’s computer, it stopped working. I had so many thoughts going through my head and wanted to write. Maybe it was for the best. It was a very emotional trip for many reasons. Over time, I’ll be able to process it all. For now, though, I’m home!

I arrived back in Israel Friday morning after a rather uneventful and much-better-than-the-flight-there trip. I sat next to Bobbi Levine from Flatbush and helped her throughout the flight. She was a very sweet 87-year-old lady who was flying to Israel for her grandson’s “chasoona” (Yiddish translation of ‘wedding’). She gave me the opportunity to do a mitzvah (holy kindness) and not watch the clock for the landing time. I also continued to work on NED's birth announcement (yes, she's going to be 12!), a cross-stitch I started when she was about 8, after finishing MB's when she was 9!! One more to go for Ely, which I hope to finish before she gets married!!

I was wiped out on Friday. I think I slept through Friday night dinner. DB had an “in” Shabbat at his yeshiva, so it was just Ari and I, and the girls. I crashed at about 9 PM for what I had hoped would be for the night. At 12:05 AM, my eyes shot open and I was done sleeping! Being that it was Shabbat, I couldn’t come to the computer and write, but only think about what I would want to write! I walked around awhile, reacquainting myself with my house and finally settled on the couch with a book and fell asleep. I awoke in the morning to Ari covering me on the couch with a blanket. (Sweet man, my husband!)

And I’ve been up ever since!

Being back…
Reentry is a culture shock
Speaking Hebrew again, I surprise myself.
Missing “home”
I am home.
Missing my old home.
The comfort of what is familiar.
Unlimited hugs
No real responsibility
My children’s faces,
They smile and stare.
What has Mommy brought me?
Old patterns?
Same songs.
I am alone again, on my own again. (Ari on another business trip)
This is my life.
I must be thankful!
I am…

Shavuah Tov –
A productive week to all!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home