Tuesday, October 12, 2004

My cleaning day

Interesting process: cleaning.

You go around in circles putting this thing here and that thing there, wiping this counter and that table, washing this shirt and folding that tablecloth. Then you look up and the ceiling fan has started dropping dustballs over the couch, so you get out the vacuum and start taking apart your furniture. The dishes still need to be washed, dried and put away, food shopped for, dinner prepared for friends and family and table set.

(Tonight I would like to add that my 4-year-old, Ely, set the table completely by herself with folded napkins and all!!)

So now dinner is over and there are dishes to be washed again. Another days dirty clothes, tablecloths to be washed, and a filthy floor from everyone spilling and dripping.

People innocently ask me if I like living in Israel. "Are you happy?" they ask. "Do you feel more spiritual?" they wonder and hope to hear the answer they want.

My answer?

This is my life. I am a mother, wife, homemaker. AND I live in Israel. This is where I want to live - where I need to live. Where I belong. And that is exactly what I do...

I live!!

2 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Avi said...

Yup ...

Israel is hard but it's home. And I just have to take care of myself and my wife (who, of course, also has to take care of me). I have tremendous hizuk for anyone who made aliya after having kids.

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Great Blog! Need any information on cleaning Check out my web site carpet cleaner Plano it relates to carpet cleaner Plano

 

Post a Comment

<< Home