Sunday, September 26, 2004

My Yom Kippur

Before I try sleep, I wanted to write a couple lines about my Yom Kippur.

Thankfully my fast went well. It always amazes me that I can resist food when I have to!

My daavening (praying time) was meaningful - all but one chazzan (cantor) I could stay in the room for. Luckily there was another service downstairs.

I was very slow though. I finished my silent prayer way after the chazzan. I tried to say every word. I have a linear siddur (prayer book), so I tried to read the English as I went along.

I prayed for clarity. And signs. Can we do that? Can I ask G-d for a sign? I've heard of other people getting signs. I need a sign!

I prayed for strength. And the ability to fight temptations.

I prayed for safety. And health.

And then as the final prayers of Neilah rolled around, I found myself in tears! Could not control them! The Shema and the final shofar blow.

It always feels so final. So scary and unknown.

Whatever will be, will be!

Hope all our prayers come true!

Good Night...

2 Comments:

At 1:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloooo... You have a wonderful husband, a bunch of great kids, and you have the honor of living in the first independent Jewish country since the destruction of the Temple almost 2000 years ago! I think you've had your sign dear... you were maybe just looking the other way! :-)

~treppenwitz~

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about oxidative stress. I also have a site about oxidative stress which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home