Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My day

Before I wiped the dirt off my feet and climbed into bed, I thought I'd quickly check in.

I had a very nice morning with my husband. He awoke in time to go to Shacharit (morning prayer service) and to take Ely to gan. Over breakfast, we looked at the calendar and organized in our heads and on the calendar, the comings and goings over the next couple of weeks. He then went back to sleep and I tried out my hebrew skills by going to the local cellphone place to have the kids' phone fixed. I quickly ran into our mini-shuk (outdoor market) for pamelos and artichokes and into the flower nursery for mums to plant outside.

Today was playgroup here at our house. Tough dynamic with three boys and my Ely, but she manages. She has learned to play Spiderman more than house!

And then, because I had Ari at home recuperating from his trip and able to be with Ely, I was able to drive to Jerusalem for a meeting. Last year I volunteered myself to be on the NEFESH planning committee. NEFESH is the International Organization for Orthodox Mental Health Professionals. Don't know how many of you know that besides being a professional mom, I also have my Masters in Expressive Arts Therapy. I haven't worked here yet, but will soon be looking. Every year NEFESH has a conference. This past January, I was lucky enough to have the international conference be here. I contacted the chairperson, asking if I could help at all and I was asked to join the planning committee. It has been a great way to break into the professional world here.
This December, will be the International conference again, but in Baltimore this time. I am not going. Mostly because Israel has an annual conference. And that one is in Febuary. I can't do everything!

The meeting was good. I enjoy putting on my professional hat once and awhile. They asked me to present on expressive therapies again. (I presented at the conference here last year.) Don't know yet, what I will do.

Came home, ate an artichoke and fell asleep on the couch. Ari had already fallen asleep putting Ely to bed. NED was at calligraphy class and MB was in the basement studying for a test with two friends. Didn't speak to DB tonight, I wonder how he is...

And now, time for bed. The girls are all asleep and the house is quiet. Before I eat chocolate because I'm tired, I'm going to sleep.

Tomorrow is shopping with NED in Jerusalem and meeting "brother Levi" for lunch.

Hope yours was a productive day!

Layla Tov (good night)!

1 Comments:

At 3:26 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so proud of you for all you do!!! Hebrew speaking, NEFESH, the playgroup . . . wow!

Feel free to stop by tomorrow. I'll be home unpacking and working on an article.

XOXOXO,
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home