Thursday, November 18, 2004

It's raining, It's POURING!!

And I mean pouring!
Thanks G-d it's raining in Chashmonaim.
Really coming down.
At one point today, I couldn't see the house across the street.
The streets are flooded.
And the Israelis are panicking!
They get out their umbrellas and hats and scarves. It's still only about 60 degrees Fahrenheit out there!
Water is rushing down the street.
We're still waiting for our basement to flood.
So far so dry!!

This was one of those rainy days that in the states you'd stay home and read a book or stay in bed.
I stayed home.
But I didn't stay in bed or read a book.
I baked challah for Shabbat.
I baked a double batch of chocolate-chip cookies.
I made baked ziti with cheese for dinner.
And I washed a lot of dishes.

Ran out this evening to buy paper goods for Sheva Brachot next week. Great prices in Kiryat Sefer - the next city over. I get to use my creative touch when setting a table. It's fun!

Although I'm happy it's raining, I hope it stops by tomorrow morning.
I'll be taking MB into Jerusalem to the physical therapist. She has scoliosis. If she does her exercises, they say she won't have to wear a brace. I like her PT. She's an English-speaking Israeli and very thorough and tough. She pushes MB.

After PT, I wanna go to Machenay Yehuda - the outdoor market. Great deals on fruits and vegies. A lot of fun too! Excites the senses! The smells, colors, sounds, and textures of the market are fabulous.

Then I promised MB I'd take her shopping for something new to wear to NED's Bat Mitzvah. Gotta be home by 4 PM to pick up Ely from playgroup.

So you see why I don't want it to rain tomorrow. Too much outside stuff to do. On the other hand, we only have to worry about rain getting in our way a couple times a year, so I guess I can deal!

Thank you Hashem for the rain!
It's a real blessing!

1 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey suggers I figured out how to post anonymously! you sure do write good stuff. Enjoy the bracha!
Love
Big Brother

 

Post a Comment

<< Home