Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Another quick Ely diddy

I'm sad to admit that we haven't been to the kotel (western wall) as a family in a long time. I don't remember the last time. Tonight we went for the last night of Chanukah. (Scroll down for a little more on this...)

As we were walking down to the Kotel tonight, Ely perked up and said, "Can I have some kesef (money) so I can give it to the lady?"

(There are usually women collecting money for poor families.)

She sat on a chair and watched the activity around her until I told her it was time to go kiss the kotel. I picked her up and explained that I would take her to kiss the kotel and then she should close her eyes and talk to Hashem; asking Him anything she wants, or to say thank you for anything.

She closed her eyes and stretched out her hand for a kiss. She then leaned into my ear and whispered, "I said thank you Hashem for saving me."

Don't know what she was referring to and I didn't think to ask her at the time. It was her moment.

But sweet, nonetheless.

Thank G-d for little Ely!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home