Monday, November 29, 2004

Procrastination and Chocolate

What, you may ask, has one have to do with the other?!

It's personal thing, I think. For me, chocolate is the trailer for procrastination.

We all know that I have a big shindig coming up this week. Three days of partying and feeding 40 plus people for each meal. The occasion? NED's Bat Mitzvah. Today was to be the day I started to prepare. So why, when I had the car and a beautiful sunny day to get out and shop and get my act together, was I home organizing closets?

What is wrong with me?

I must admit that I feel tremendously accomplished. My girls' closets are neat once again, and we can all find clothes to wear in the morning, instead of yelling there isn't anything to wear or we can't find anything. Even DB went through his clothes before I took him back to Yeshiva - poor kid has grown so fast none of his last year winter wear fits him!

Online shopping time!

So although I didn't procrastinate everything, I am not much closer to being prepared for the Bat Mitzvah.

And get this: I cannot bring anything to the synagogue kitchen until after there first takes place a brit on Wednesday morning. I just spoke to the grandmother and caterer of the new baby. She informs me that the brit might have to be postponed because the baby is jaundiced. THAT MEANS I won't be able to do anything in the kitchen until after the Brit - whenever that is!!

"Man plans and G-d laughs."

Should I start to hyperventilate now?!? Or just keep procratinating?!

I'm gonna push myself now to make a shopping list just for the Thursday night party. That will be something. Then tomoroow, after I come back from my Torah class, I'll call my Mommy and we'll do the rest over the phone!

Maybe that's my problem, I need my Mommy to help me do this. She's at my brother's in Jerusalem. I had to share her...

Oh, and the chocolate? It's churning in my belly. Angry that I ingested it, even if it was heaven while in the act!

Tomorrow is another day.

Less chocolate, more productivity... Too high of an expectation?

Hope not!

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home