Thursday, November 25, 2004

Gobble Gobble

Thanksgiving is the only American holiday that I miss!

I have the world's best memories of Thanksgiving spent at Uncle Marty and Aunt Susie's house in Mamaroneck, New York. Up until the time I began to keep Shabbat and kosher, we drove up there from Frederick every year!

I remember hot chocolate and those little marshmallows waiting for us with yummy fresh hot brownies. Kicking back, watching movies.


We talked about going into the city for the parade but never in all those years actually did it! Slept late, woke up to the parade on the TV. Waiting for the Rockettes. Remembering my years in marching band. Snuggling with my uncle and cousins on the couch.

At the end of the parade, Santa Claus arrived in his sleigh to welcome in the winter season. "Ho-ho-ho!", he'd yell out. And then he'd climb off the sleigh to meet and greet those lucky enough to be standing nearby. One year, as we were watching Santa get off the sleigh, he stood up, and his pants fell right down. I am not joking! My uncle and I saw the whole thing, and to this day, we call each other right when Santa comes out and watch to see if he's going to keep his pants on!

Can't watch the parade in Israel :( No television. This is the one day of the year that I wish I had TV and I could watch the parade live.

More Memories...
Watching old movies: GiGI or Sound of Music!
Turkey dinner - mmmmmm! yum!

I am so thankful!
I am thankful for my family
my friends.
Those people that know me and love me no-matter-what!

I am so blessed. Surrounded by love! Then why am I still stuck?

Happy Turkey Day!

To quote my Aunt Susie, "Gobble to ya wobble"

1 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING SB!!
love, your favorite sister-in-law (or at least one of them). see you next week!!! cant wait

 

Post a Comment

<< Home